Opaque Oasis

Opaque Oasis

Nov 8, 2011

Whitewaker

As I drank from the goblet of my morning tea

A wave of intriguing suspense flushed my cheeks

A dash of bravery electrified my skin as I reached for the remote

Within a mere matter of seconds the television had sprung to life


The very image that had surfaced across the screen

Had appeared to be that of a seemingly drunken news anchor

The 5 'o clock shadow that grazed his face

Seemingly denoted that he had been conquered by insomnia


I could detect from his expression

That happiness was nonexistent

The taste of fear upon his breath

Could be sensed worldwide


What's this I hear?

Government officials laundering money

Using their power for personal gain?

Ignoring the public?


Thank you America for bleeding white

A truth that was once unknown

A truth damn near impossible to burrow

Yet for the government every day is Halloween


More and more they continue to kidnap our finances

Denting one too many a chasm of bedlams

As alive we are eaten by the fangs of avarice

While we are beaten across our knees

Robbed of every dime we've got

Justice kissed the lips of injustice

They conceived a daughter and named her

Hot Revolver... Bang! Bang!

A white flash screamed

As it pierced the silence

America's heart had just broken...

No comments:

Post a Comment