Opaque Oasis

Opaque Oasis

Nov 7, 2011

Cloud 9

Written By Glenn McCrary & Makita McLennan

I reach for the impossible 'cause
I’m willing to do whatever it demands
so I'll keep moving forward
I refuse to be sucked up by quicksand

If the quicksand gets to you
don’t be afraid just grab my hand
and I’ll lend you my strength
It is yours upon command

And I'll hold on real tight
no I'll never let go
it's nice to have someone who cares
in your eyes it shows

With both our strengths combined
our hearts beat as one
my darling don't cry
I'll dry your tears with the sun

Sure that would be fine
go ahead I don't mind
just the thought of being around you
sends me to cloud nine

I’d be estatic to have someone
who knows the pain that i feel
but I’d be scared of getting stung
by the scales of electric eels

I wish I could lie and say
yes my pain is done
the amount of respect I have for you
weighs more than a ton

My amount of respect for you
is unquestionably immense
I understand the pain
it is very intense

I won't disagree because
you open my eyes to all kinds of things
and I shall continue learning
before I stand and spread my wings

Go ahead spread your wings
but only when your ready
even when the winds not there
don’t worry I’ll hold you steady

I can feel your love and compassion
moving with the beating of my heart
with every race you're at the finish line
before the race even starts

That tells me that you'll be there
no matter what the case
you now have my full trust
it was a test of which you aced

I have to admit that I’m happy
that I’ve earned your trust
‘cause when it comes down to it
support is a crucial must

And you have mine in full
even when the pain becomes dull
you know that I will always be here
with an open shoulder and a listening ear
just let me know whenever you're in fear

No comments:

Post a Comment