Opaque Oasis

Opaque Oasis

Nov 7, 2011

Crack In The Road

I can see the light shining
yet it's difficult to grasp
may look simple from the sidelines
but it's not an easy task
this little ball of gas
keeps floating along the track
when I take steps towards it
it always moves back
this light's incredibly deceiving
it could possibly be fake
however I don't see a crack in it
so it can't make or break
me or my destiny but
why is it so far away?
I've worked too damn hard
to just let it all fade
what do I have to do?
where do I have to go?
what do I have to learn?
what must I know?
with every step I take
the ground crumbles underneath
destroying my balance and
knocking me off my feet
I never thought that I
would be this easy to defeat
all this abuse I've been enduring
it has really got me beat
and it's got me feeling weak
so weak that I can't even speak
no I won't utter a syllable
with anger I retreat

No comments:

Post a Comment