Opaque Oasis

Opaque Oasis

Nov 6, 2011

An Eye For An Eye

Written By Glenn McCrary & Makita McLennan

Once again I fall asleep
believing the sweet little lies
with fear crawling under my skin
desolation obvious in my eyes

Inhale the truth and exhale the lies
they are made up of carbon dioxide
if you keep inhaling them you will choke
catching infections like secondhand smoke

But don't worry I'll erase
all your fears like on chalk boards
my door is always open
what do you have to knock for?

You can lean upon my shoulder
when you feel like you've fallen out
and tell me what it is that's got you
feeling all of these hints of doubt

I'm trying to breathe them in
suffocating breathing them out
I'm running out of breaths
I swear I feel the need to shout

Then shout little darling
if it will help you to get out
all that stress in your heart
I'll send it down another route

It don't matter to me what matters
is that those bitches lied
how could they hurt me like this?
I feel like I’ve been denied

Are you serious?
how could they deny?
deep inside you're understanding
and in you people can confide

But they've used it up like a credit card
they took advantage of your trust
just act like they don't exist
let them all bite the dust

It’s inevitably hard
and I’m endlessly trying
but its no longer worth it
I'm sick and tired of lying

An eye for an eye
a lie for a lie
with no reciprocation
why should you have to try?

No comments:

Post a Comment