Opaque Oasis

Opaque Oasis

Nov 6, 2011

Crashing Promises

Written By Glenn McCrary & Makita McLennan

I promised never to go to bed angry
but here I am in bed lying awake
you said that you would save me
but all of your promises are fake

Who is this person
that couldn't keep this promise?
don't be afraid to tell me
look me in the eye be honest

I won't leave the glass half full
I'll try my best to fill it up
so you won't be feeling
empty like a tiny cup

All I can feel is pain
with signs of going numb
am I going crazy
am I becoming dumb?

With the devil I've made a deal
help me to find what is real
what's real is the fact that
you shouldn't make deals
with the devil because that
would be wrong on so many levels

His offers may sound good now
but in secret their death contracts
break a rule in future and you
will meet him by direct contact

Not trying to scare you
just trying to save you from evil
and leave ol' Satan with a needle
stuck up in his eye

I just keep on falling
and scraping my knees
somebody please tell me
if anyone can hear my pleas?

I can definitely hear your pleas
we all have wants and needs
only yours appear greater
I’ll fix them now and settle
with the consequences later

No comments:

Post a Comment