Opaque Oasis

Opaque Oasis

Nov 7, 2011

Blackout

Thousands of visions by destiny align
leaving me to wonder what it all defines
nightmares they creep in zig zagging lines
circling me with vague hints and signs

I'm betting my life away by shooting dice
because nothing no nothing will ever suffice
enclosed in vines of thorns my heart turns to ice
as the side effects drown me in oceans of fright

Here I still stand in the same place I've been
breathing songs of pain, despair and loneliness
hesitant to move you can call it a sin
all the while I'm suffocating from society's fatal kiss

From lips carved of stone indestructible to hammers
one stroke of the finger leaves cracks along the surface
as strangers pass by some will stop and take gander
only to judge making you question your purpose

On the outside I may be indestructible but on the inside I am fragile
if my internal organs shatter the pain could last for quite a while
I would seek a donor but I don't think that anyone would trade
so I'm trapped here in the dark with my ghost lurking as I fade

Into dust particles streaming the crevices of empty corners
hiding where I know that I will be safe
floating along on my own I don't need no supporters
me, myself and I is all I need in this place

Tears of blood come rushing down my face
the agony of it all is just too great to bear
salt grains keep falling straight into my wounds
in search I am of first aid so heal me if you dare

Climbing up these stepping stones I keep falling down
free falling in confusion as in sorrow I constantly drown
anxious I am to conclude the duration of this flight
for I have now perished so goodbye and goodnight

No comments:

Post a Comment