Opaque Oasis

Opaque Oasis

Nov 7, 2011

Mountain Of Sorrows

Anxiously here I sit
upon a mountain of sorrows
barely made it through today
don't know if I'll see tomorrow
the resolution to my problems
is nowhere within my reach
I'm struggling to cross this bridge
got several blisters on my feet
that's the price that I pay
in hopes of gaining a better life
been in this tunnel for so long
damn will I ever see the light?
Lord if you're out there shine it bright
don't leave me hanging on the rack
guide me through my troubles
help me get my life back on track
along with all of the runners
on the path to success
we're all chasing the same thing
why should my reason mean any less?
ya see I'm on a quest
with a package to deliver
but life is working against me
and I'm sinking below the river
I keep swimming back to shore
to catch my breath along the way
giving up is not an option
nor is procrastination or delays
yet still here I am sitting
stuck upon a mountain of sorrows
I made it through today
but will I live to see tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment