Opaque Oasis

Opaque Oasis

Nov 7, 2011

Puppet Show

I'm just another one of your puppets
being manipulated by the strings
controlling my every movement
from my facial expression misery sings
deep down inside I am resistant
when in reality I have no choice
I want so bad to be heard
but I don't have a voice
you keep inhaling my words
that I'm suffocating to release
I didn't rent a theater
so tell me who signed the lease?
I'm so exhausted
from singing and dancing in distress
every single fucking night
I can never seem to rest
I'm unsure of the point that you're trying to make
but I can no longer hold my balance I'm about to break
free me of this torture
tell me what I did to deserve this penalty
can't you see that my heart is bleeding
I'm already paying little fees
give me some credit
cut me some slack
honesty is what I give
loyalty is what you lack
now you're putting on a show
with me as the opening act
that shit is degrading
I don't represent that
not speaking from fiction
I'm speaking from fact

No comments:

Post a Comment