Opaque Oasis

Opaque Oasis

Nov 6, 2011

Brand New

Written By Glenn McCrary & Makita McLennan

I know reality is bitter
but we have to face it
the truth we can't hide
we have to chase it not race it

Reality has always
been oh so bittersweet
get out of the kitchen
if you cant take the heat

Failure is something that
I'm inevitable to meet
I can barely stand
on my own two feet

Come out of the dark
shine and make your mark
light the end of the firecracker
and watch it begin to spark
allow your soul to fly off with it
ah the beauty of spiritual art

I would love to reside in your heart
‘cause it feels like a safe place
it is out of harms way any day
you're more than welcome to stay

Just let me pack my bags
do I have to pay my way?
because my pockets are empty
they've been that way for many days

This is free of charge
free of all costs
I'm always going to be here
whenever you get lost

Thanks that means the world to me
I'll count on your spirit to guide me
I know I’ll find my way with
the compass that you provide me

Don’t worry it’s no problem
I'm alway here to help
just give me a shout
or even the tiniest yelp

The doors to my heart will never close
and I would never shut you out
I’d be your sturdy ground because
you see with me there is no doubt

Why thank you my dear
I’ll always be here for you too
the comfort your words bring me
they make me feel brand new

No comments:

Post a Comment