Opaque Oasis

Opaque Oasis

Nov 7, 2011

PDA

All these signals and displays of affection
got my mind drawing a blank
handing me a blank canvas
now I gotta paint a picture
of the love that I've never had
when all else fails I can just
turn to my pen and pad
watching these people
is like watching television
certain images shatter your heart like glass
while tears start to blur your vision
I walk around with a smile on my face
trying to act like I'm not affected
even though I can feel the pain
from the poison of which I've been injected
I feel like mashed potatoes
reason why I can't say
but I have to mold myself
back into shape like clay
I can't give in too easily
can't let it get the best of me
it may bother me for a minute
but I won't let it eat the rest of me
I'm strong enough to withstand
this test of deprivation
I have the elasticity of a rubber band
that stretches longer than a conversation
tell the heart mechanics that I'm on vacation
'bout to take off in flight like aviation
to escape these waves of radiation
that leave me in a constant battle
between temptation and desperation
it makes me feel all torn up
and bewildered in dismay
my head has this persistent, monstrous migraine
no matter where I lay
this is a sideline view of PDA

No comments:

Post a Comment