Opaque Oasis

Opaque Oasis

Nov 7, 2011

Defense Mechanism

Upon my enemies' faces I study their looks
analyzing the meanings like I'm reading a book
reading their lips as the words slide
right off of their tongues
naturally I'd take offense
but in their eyes it's fun
do they use all these insults
as forms of defense
well I'm not a fool
there's no way to convince
me to believe it
please have common sense
as I'm writing these rhymes
my heartbeat grows intense
they think what they say
is affecting my life
but I am not phased
I'm still living despite
all the ignorant words
that escape from your mouth
so what I'm not worried
I just block them out
only person I need here
is me in my head
my enemies may exist
but to me they are dead
I've still got my pride
not a tear has been shed
go ahead gas me up
my tank needs to be fed

No comments:

Post a Comment