Opaque Oasis

Opaque Oasis

Nov 6, 2011

Band-Aid

Written By Glenn McCrary & Makita McLennan

I know I need to get a grip
to hold on and steady my feet
but I'm scared I’ll slip and fall
failure I am inevitable to meet

Then fulfill this dying need
and make into a reality
try hard to hold on so you
don't slip into fatality

I'm trying really hard
but slipping is what I do best
I'm playing with my last card
I just need a mental rest

Keep trying my friend
don't succumb to the grips of the slip
you've got what it takes to make it
they're the ones who are ill-equipped

I know the pain hurts
there’s no doubt it’s gonna sting
that’s why I long to escape
but I can't fly with broken wings

I’m eternally scarred and
my emotions are screwed up
it’s getting harder to tell them apart
Heaven help me I’m so mixed up

A mixed up mess you may be
it’s never too late to blend
on your will and motivation
is what it all depends

Start moving forward step by step
with your head held high
don't give in now it gets better
all you have to do is try

The steps are becoming
extremely difficult to follow
the weakness within is kicking in
I’m starting to feel hollow

I can close that hollow open up
your eyes to a better tomorrow
wash away your sorrow and
all of your pain I will borrow

Everything will get better
wash away with the sea
as long as I have faith in you
and you have faith in me

No comments:

Post a Comment