Opaque Oasis

Opaque Oasis

Nov 7, 2011

Dead End Existence

Written By Glenn McCrary & Makita McLennan

My life is empty
time keeps slipping away
like sand grains in an hourglass
day by day I slowly fade

As I’m fading into the background
no one seems to hear
the silent but painful sound
of my impenetrable fear


With each shard of glass
my confidence slowly breaks
tell me is this a nightmare
or am I awake?


I’m freezing to death
in glaciers of isolation
far too past the point
of complete restoration

With misery overwhelming me
I’m forever searching in a field of keys
trying to find one to open the lock
smashing mirrors of a thousand me's

Indefinitely I am broken
don’t know if I’ll ever be whole
try to comfort me if you dare
but I can’t be consoled

Sleeping with my eyes open
I see my fears come true
confusion straining my brain
I'm truely going insane

No matter where I go
my shadow is all that follows
reality has always been
a bitter pill to swallow

I thought that I could handle it
now I'm trying to escape
but I can’t run from it
for it’s a mental rape

Trying to find a map
to my current quest
searching does no good
I feel like I need rest

In your eyes I'm no good
you constantly seek better
exactly what is it that you want
an apology letter

From within my heart and soul
I begged for you to stay
without another word you ignored me
and just up and walked away

You made me look like a fool
even though you knew it was cruel
you led me on
what's the point of this duel?

If you had nothing to lose
would you risk it all?
apparently you would
and quite frankly I’m appalled

We’ve fought for the hundredth time
and afterwards we fell
we act like everything is fine
when really we’re going through hell

Losing track of all days
wishing goodbyes were hellos
not sure where I’ll end up
so goodbye pleasant fellow

No comments:

Post a Comment