Opaque Oasis

Opaque Oasis

Nov 7, 2011

If Only They Knew

Written By Glenn McCrary & Makita McLennan

Staring at me through a window
do they really know the truth?
not even the slightest clue
they will forever be in pursuit

but lies are what got me here
And that is why I hide in fear
Sometimes the truth hurts but,
you shouldn’t run from it my dear

running's the only thing left to do,
they couldn't help me, could they help you ?
they tortured me like hell,
yet somehow I made it through.

making it through the thoughts
that threaten me day by day.
tell me could you help me
to keep them all at bay?

I can try my best
but there are no guarantees.
I can promise that I'll be there
for you when you are in need.

promises are instantly abandoned
when they're made to me.
everyone feels the need to flee
so won’t you please stay with me?

I wouldn't leave you to suffer,
you're far too valuable in my eyes.
when things become intense,
on my shoulder you can cry.

careful with your words,
they can do more damage than swords,
to endure all of those damages
I am unable to afford


we’re all a little sore
from the stab wounds on our skin,
but you should wear your scars with pride
not every battle you’re going to win

the stab wounds always seem
to appear upon the back
why is that where people
always decide to attack?

because they figure that's the spot
that will have the most impact,
but the heart hurts worse
for hurting both they have a knack

lacking brains, some go for the heart,
but most people don’t know how much pain it causes
others drive me insane until I completely fall apart,
to the point where my blood circulation pauses

it's all just a test of which
they're all scared of the outcome.
the results more often than never,
are always failures I'm not stunned.

failure is and always will be inevitable,
but cant we study honesty and truth?
surely some must pass this test
and learn the difference between the two

one of the commandments is 'Thou shalt not lie',
but everybody does and I just wanna know why?
people say one thing but they can mean the other,
it makes no sense at all for us to abuse each other

I don't think we even know how to make sense
being misunderstood is what we seem to seek,
this might confuse people from the other side of the fence
so if you are against me then please speak

No comments:

Post a Comment