Opaque Oasis

Opaque Oasis

Nov 7, 2011

Befriending The Enemy

I'm thinking to myself and asking what have I just done?
had my road to misery officially just begun?
If I would've known I'd instantly be on the run
'cause shaking the hands of evil is as painful as being stung
as I look into the eyes of a devil his pupils drown me with fear
I just stare him straight in the face without shedding a single tear
blinded by deceit I placed my trust into a coffin
like a password to a computer I forgot so I'm unable to log in
sometimes I wish that my eyes were like radars
scanning for signs that detect how black my enemies hearts are
only then I would see the horrifying truth
that they've been trying to conceal from rising through the roof
I'm not afraid to admit that I feel like I'm being used
similar to a one night stand I'm not ready for that kind of abuse
I'm actually surprised that a person would go to these lengths
deep inside it is their weakness but they act like it's their strength
just like a mood ring they change colors quicker than clothes
they may appear to be alive but their personalities are like dying roses
when I watch television I like variety so I surf the channels
but the devil doesn't have cable so instead I grab a book and light a candle
don't ever shake hands with a devil you'd be exposed to the grips of death
in a matter of seconds dust is all that will be left
is it really that simple? I expected it to be more complex
you better watch your back 'cause you could be the next
one to be hexed by the vexations of the side effects
of a brutal attack that'll cut you so deep that it'll blow out your back
pay attention to the lanes that separate Heaven and Hell
or if you're indifferent then hopefully your instincts will ring a bell
don't sell yourself to the venomous fangs of Satan
sacrifice yourself to the Father of all creations
just like pagans my enemies have no relations

No comments:

Post a Comment