Opaque Oasis

Opaque Oasis

Nov 7, 2011

Street Side Views

Written By Glenn McCrary & Matia Theodosakis

Oh, all these faces with no eyes on mine
The curve of the ankles and the calloused hands
Memories, mantas and immaculate lines
on the faces of the old women we find

My hand on a hyacinth and a silken scarf
A cobblestone street and heels stuck in pace.
Men who walk where their fathers careful carve
By them a step, a step and a twirl and I am still

Still - I breathe and attend, I am still
A man with a suit and his daughter’s drawing
Hurrying, hurrying past and pressing pills
Onto girls in subsidiary streets, sweetly sinning.

And I turn to stone while the women waltz
Slowly, sultry, their hands on their hips
Disregarding the steep street and concrete faults
The street moans, it soughs and I am still.

On the outside I may be indestructible but on the inside I am fragile
If my internal organs are shattered the pain could last for quite a while
I would seek a donor but I don't think that anyone would trade
So I'm trapped here in the dark with my ghost lurking as I fade

Into dust particles streaming the crevices of empty corners
Hiding where I know that will be safe
Floating along on my own I don't need no supporters
Me, myself and I is all need in this place

Tears of blood come rushing down my face
The agony of it all is just too great to bear
Salt grains keep falling straight into my wounds
In search I am of an aiding touch so heal me if you dare
Climbing up these stepping stones I keep falling down
Free falling in confusion as in my sorrows I constantly drown

No comments:

Post a Comment