Opaque Oasis

Opaque Oasis

Nov 7, 2011

Losing Control

Written By Glenn McCrary & Makita McLennan

My feelings mean nothing to you
you’re so hard to tolerate
God the things you do
always tend to fuel my hate

I can feel it burning
like a fire from hell
blistering my body
with pain as I yell

The fire is uncontrollable
it hurts so bad
I cant make it go away
which is quite sad

Tears stream down my face
revealing my fears
so I turn and run
hiding behind double mirrors

In these mirrors I see reflections of you
with cracks going diagonally across my heart
and on my arms there are scars
they seem to form into the shapes of stars

Shapes that were created by
the toxic memories of your actions
so to erase them from my mind
I carefully divide them into fractions


Emotions and words we can exchange
like new products on the market
except our relationship is crashing
because we forgot to park it

The gears are malfunctioning
we've lost all control
it's not really our faults
we can’t always be on patrol

I'm your flesh and blood
this shouldn't be the role that I play
you're like a storm hovering above my head
with the clouds fading to gray

Things shouldn’t have ended like this
unfortunately they happened that way
just tell me what can i do
in order to make you stay

Is there something wrong with me?
am I hazard to your health?
did I plague you with a disease?
like a thief creeping in stealth?

The only disease you plagued me with
is the one that encourages me
to speak what’s on my mind
and allow my soul to be free

Free from this war zone
that imprisoned me in the dark
deflecting those bullets
swimming after me like sharks

But now the light
is getting harder to see
hell I cant even remember
who I’m supposed to be

Support is all I ask for
and love is all I need
so why don’t we just
agree to disagree?

No comments:

Post a Comment