Opaque Oasis

Opaque Oasis

Nov 7, 2011

Poetry Chose Me

The strong forces of evil turned my emotions to stone
they left me feeling tired, beat and lazy like a drone
I'm not the only one but I feel so alone
and the fact that this world has raped me I can't seem to condone
I was in a zone of hurt, confusion and pain
my mind was about to explode I was going insane
somehow it was soaking my skin like rain
but the droplets burned like the intense heat in flames
for about three months I was drowning in desperation
with no sign of hope I was dropping like deflation
and like some crazy lunatic I blamed it on the nation
the result of it all is that I've grown extremely impatient
from up under a rock a paper and pen found me
these objects mysteriously started circling around me
I'm very fortunate that God has given me the ability
to freely express myself through my poetic creativity
it brings me an abundant supply of tranquility
although I know to remain in a state of humility
my pen is like a double-edged sword
slashing through the vines of treachery that is in store
I don't know what they are for but
I'll use them to my advantage and try to score
could all of this have been foretold in a prophecy?
I'm unsure but I've been getting a lot of props ya see
like a fresh apple my words drop from the tree
and similar to a seed my talent grows with me
sure I can be rude sometimes but
on the inside I'm as soft as a rose petal
words of admiration make my heart melt
yet I'm as hard as metal
it's obvious that everybody who knows can see
that I didn't choose poetry homie poetry chose me

No comments:

Post a Comment