Opaque Oasis

Opaque Oasis

Nov 6, 2011

War Zone

Written By Glenn McCrary & Makita McLennan

I had to trick myself
into believing that you’d care
now I’m left defenseless
with no disguises left to wear
my soul has been stripped
I have been left in the cold bare

I dont wanna lose this fight
I dont wanna drown
I just wish that they cared
and that they’d come around

You won't lose this fight
as long as you don't give up
whenever you get knocked down
dust yourself off and get back up

You're only as weak as
you allow yourself to be
so stand up be strong show them
you have what it takes to lead

Take a quick glance at my heart
I’ve left it upon the ground
I guess I’ll just leave it there
until the day that it is found

You are not alone
for you are in my care
I will help to lift this storm
that has left you in despair

If it leaves a few scrapes and bruises
that’s fine I don't even care
if that's what it takes to protect you
then those bruises I'll gladly wear

I appreciate your sympathy
but nothing can lift this despair
it has become a part of me
it’s getting tangled in my hair

It's blending with my air
my vital signs are getting low
this world is so cold that
I'm freezing in the invisible snow
its morphing from my skin
tell me am I committing a sin?

You are not committing sin
you are being thrust into sin's way
day to day but don't worry darling
Satan is definitely gonna pay

With no hesitations or delays
he will get what's coming to him
his moves are so predictable
you can see right through him

Someday I’ll win this battle
and claim my victory and prize
he won’t even see it coming
I’ll just shock him by surprise

No comments:

Post a Comment