Opaque Oasis

Opaque Oasis

Nov 3, 2011

Once Was Love, Now Is Lost

Written By Riley & Glenn McCrary

We looked into each others eyes with love and passion.
it seemed that nothing would break us apart.
We fit; we matched, like the stars in the night sky.

As time continued to pass us by I became more and more mesmerized
by the beauty that burned like a fire in your eyes.

I wanted to dance like a child in the flames
because the pain felt so good; so good that i wanted it to last forever
You said the things I had never heard. Those things made my heart blossom just like a rose.
You showed me love, and blindly I fell for it.

We were both free falling together landing in a bed made of the clouds in the sky just floating alone together deep into the night.
It felt like magic; You made me feel like I was invincible like I could do anything when I was with you.
Your voice was the music in my ears that kept me happy , but now, we never speak, similar to a cold, hard stone.

Confusion with your emotions, gave me a whiplash of your actions and words.
I believed in everything you did and said, because I thought it was love.

but little did I know those three words manipulated me into thinking that you were the one.
the one that I could count on,
the one that I could run to when there was nowhere else to turn,
my island of paradise,
but this isn't paradise anymore.
I don't know what this is.
it feels like a prison holding my heart hostage
and I've been waiting thinking that you would come to bail me out but I'm still stuck here all alone where you left me.
In this dark hole of sadness. I held my hand out for you to save me, but you never came.
Why haven’t you grabbed my hand yet?
Don't you care anymore?

No comments:

Post a Comment