Opaque Oasis

Opaque Oasis

Oct 24, 2011

A Thursday Tale

'Twas to a Thursday morning I awakened

The sun had made her presence known

To all across the fair horizon

You and I with the way our minds

Contract such complexities know that



As the seasons continue to change

Many a buried burden shall evolve

In times of fluent hardship and mangled promises

Our hearts should meet at the center of equality

Why our very skins alone were conceived



To endure such grief

However I shall not bite of the apple

That is placed within my palm

Unless the bearer agrees to

A screening for accounted treason



Is it all so simple a belief? An act?

Could it be true that I'm a caterer

To your countless collection of body bags?

And you a whimsical muse to my poetic delight?

One may only seek answers



In where one has found light

The words of a fraud shall not lie

Akin to that of a master's

For the utterance of such syllabic outrage

Shall be seized and burned within

A velvet casket of tainted dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment