Opaque Oasis

Opaque Oasis

Oct 17, 2011

Inked With Benefits


 



The ceremony of my birth had taken place

Along the stream of a river of golden ink

My mother had been one of the goddesses

Of the ink kingdom lying just below the shore


Forsaking me, she had placed me

By the edges of the river bank

To an anxious couple wounded

By a series of hoary miscarriages


They took me under their wing

And embraced me with an abundance

Of compassionate love and concern

Two major flaws that my mother carried


Gradually they began

To carve ink tattoos

Upon the center of

My petite forehead


These tattoos were

Symbolic of great power

Automatically marking me

As next heir to the throne


The hearts of these individuals

Possessed the honorary traits

Of true poets that were here

To deliver an inspiring message


As they baptised my body

I was cleansed of all paganism

And bathed within the caress of

A supernatural jubilee of poetry


I didn't know whether to cry

Out of fear or excitement

How could I have possibly known

What was going on I was just an infant


As their fingers continued to trace my nose

All the way down to my innocent little lips

My veins were scoured of all normal characteristics

Traditionally engraved with the crest of all great poets


At that very moment I had realized

That soon I would grow to become

A master of my pen and naturally produce

Unique words that would spark and drive

Emotions to unknown heights

No comments:

Post a Comment