Opaque Oasis

Opaque Oasis

Oct 29, 2011

Low

From a height so high I have fallen
to a depth infested with thieves
my bones echo with pain
As gradually I begin to bleed

With no helping hand to aid me
to raise me from this hell
all I want is abundance of comfort
before the darkness prevails

Like a flat tire I've never felt so low
never thought that I would break
demons are suffocating my soul
with a force I can not shake

So leave a stain upon my memory
whisper sweet phrases into my ear
the addictive patterns in your voice
is the only thing that I want to hear

Caress my face, hold me close
please don't ever let me go
kiss me one last time
tell me that you love me so

Take my heart within your grasp
embrace it with compassionate care
heal the wounds with your touch
seal them with passionate flare

These tears that I shed
speak of bravery and fear
as I take my final breath
I want you to be near

From a height so high I have fallen
in your arms I cease to be
with a soft, sweet sigh of relief
the angels have set me free

No comments:

Post a Comment