Opaque Oasis

Opaque Oasis

Dec 3, 2010

Speak No More

There is a voice that lurks
Within the walls of my mind
Desperate to be set free but
An escape it can not find

So it dances around the corners
Of my lips with persuasion
Trying to force me to speak
As I conceal it in frustration

Withdrawing my words
Retracting every sentence
Annihilating every syllable
In hopes for repentance

For the countless cases of drama
That this voice alone has caused
Instead of pressing play
I’ll keep my finger on pause

To protect everyone
From verbal danger
Resulting from the depths
Of my impulsive anger

I don’t want to be trapped
Inside this bubble of guilt forever
I have a story to tell but
Suddenly silences sounds much better

No more pain
Equals no more tears
No more scars
Equals no more fears

No comments:

Post a Comment