Opaque Oasis

Opaque Oasis

Dec 31, 2011

Punch Drunk





Written By Glenn McCrary & Jacqueline Webb

Dusk settled,
Yawning,
On a Wednesday evening---
Myself just awakening.
Silently,
My bones,
Groused,
Screamed in protest.
My body declaring,
“You were not made for such hibernation!”
My mind shrugging off such accusations,
As I made my way,
Like the restless dead
Into a bar.
Entering the smoky dive,
I spy a lady----
An agate portrait of a temptress,
Graces my eyes
(The silver screen which I view my world)
Makes me instantly smitten.
Indeed! Such a lovely spectacle this vision!
A yearning to fill the meaningless void stirs;
Punch drunk by a state of awe,
I shuffle my feet in her direction.
We talk.
Discussed ourselves.
The pettiness of others;
The greatness of each other---
Was all that was on our minds.
Destiny!----
To have met on a Wednesday,
When the rest of civilization sleeps
And forgets of the nights delicacies. . . .


© 2011 (All rights reserved)

No comments:

Post a Comment